FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR EVENT STYLING AND DÉCOR HIRE
Thank you for choosing Styling By Mo’s Event Styling and Décor Hire Services. We are so incredibly excited to get stuck in and start planning your unique event!
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully to ensure the conditions of hire/service are acknowledged and understood.
- Styling By Mo will require a R 6 000 non-refundable deposit to secure your event date, should you wish to make use of our very personalized Styling and Décor Hire Service. The balance, as quoted, will have to be paid no later than 4 weeks prior to the event to ensure the ordering of flowers, candles, décor items etc. can be done in time.
- Delivery, Styling, Set-up and breakdown charges will be reflected on your quotation and vary according to the size and intricacy of your event.
- The Styling Concept is determined and agreed upon by Styling By Mo and the client beforehand and will be created within these guidelines prior to your event, however the end result and aesthetic appearance will depend largely on the quality of the venue, it’s surroundings and Styling By Mo’s own unique and artistic vision. All creative finishing will be done with care and attention to detail, and we will not be held responsible should our creative ideas not meet with your vision.
- We strive to source the highest quality flowers and décor items for your event, but please keep in mind that as flowers are seasonal, they are supplied subject to availability. Should a requested flower not be available we shall use our own discretion to replace it with a suitable alternative.
- The Styling By Mo team cannot be held liable for any unforeseeable accidents, delays or Act of God beyond reasonable control, but will make every effort to work around such instances if possible.
- Should any issues arise during set-up and breakdown, or upon completion of set-up and breakdown, Styling By Mo will not be liable for loss of, damage or injury caused to any person, property or product as a result of this agreement. No claim can be placed upon any of our permanent or casual employees during set up and once staff vacates the venue.
- Should your event date be rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances kindly discuss this with a member of our team. Styling By Mo will then retain your funds until later date.
- Should Styling By Mo have an emergency and are no longer able to provide our services, the client will be fully refunded. This is only in a true emergency and is NEVER expected to be a possibility.
- It is important for Styling By Mo as a business and for our portfolio to share our work with other potential clients either online or in print, however we will never display your wedding images in a negative or unappealing light.
- Please note there is a minimum booking fee of R 250 on collected items and R 1 000 on delivered items.
- Styling By Mo requires a 50% payment deposit of the value of your total order, to secure hired items. Please use your booking invoice number as reference for all payments.
- From your quotation, we will secure your requested items. All items will be released, should we not hear from you within 24 hours.
- No décor items will be released or services rendered, until payment is received in full.
- A refundable damage deposit ranging from R 500 – R 1000 will be levied on all hired décor items. Should all items be returned in good order, this amount will be refunded within 14 days after your event. Please submit banking details. Should any loses/damages not cover the full replacement/repair costs then we will raise a shortage invoice to replace the missing/damaged stock items, which will be for your own account.
- If Styling By Mo is required to deliver and thereafter collect the goods from the venue, the hirer is responsible for the goods from the time they are delivered, up until they are collected.
- Once all décor items have been set up/erected at the venue, Styling By Mo is no longer responsible for any damage or breakages. All items will be under the care of the client who is solely responsible to ensure they are looked after and cared for.
- Any outdoor lighting must be taken down immediately after the function to prevent any weather damage. As these are generally not to be kept outdoors overnight.
- After the event, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the venue/coordinators/staff take care when cleaning/handling our décor items, as any loss of, or damage will be for your account.
- Once full payment has been received, no cancellations will be accepted.
- Should your date be rescheduled due to circumstances out of your control, kindly discuss this with a member of our team. Styling By Mo will then retain the value, which has been paid, but cannot guarantee the exact items to be available for your new date.
- All our décor is carefully packaged in bubble wrap and placed in plastic crates or cardboard boxes for maximum care.
- The hire period will terminate once all goods are returned to Styling By Mo.
- Please be very careful with our décor items as they are our pride and joy and a lot of love and care goes into maintaining their quality.
- Refunds will not be made if original packaging is not returned with hired goods, loss of the packaging will be deducted from your damage deposit.
- Please note that if linen is packed away wet/damp or covered in debris, mildew or serious damage can occur. Kindly ensure that all linen is returned dry and free of debris.
- Should you wish to order any bespoke decor items, make sure to give us plenty of notice to ensure that we get the desired result in time.
- Should you require any personalized signage, we will need 14 days notice and confirmation in writing on the exact wording, direction of sign (if applicable), size of sign and full payment received.
- Styling By Mo cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising out of the use of the hired goods.
Nothing in this Contract shall exclude or limit any statutory rights of the Consumer.
Client Name………………… Client Signature………………….